The Director General of IBB 2011 Presidential Campaign Organisation Chief Raymond Dokpesi has sued the Attorney General of the Federation, State Security Service (SSS) and the Minister of Justice to court over his detention and undue questioning over the Independence Day bomb blasts in Abuja.”
The Chairman of Daar Communication Plc is also seeking a declaration that he is not in any way associated with the persons or organizations responsible for the bomb blasts and has not committed any offence to warrant his “continued arrest or detention or questioning or harassment or intimidation” by the first respondent (SSS).
In a 53 point affidavit, Dopkesi said he was in his house in Abuja on October 1 when the bomb went off and was in Dutse, Jigawa State on October 3 when the SSS directed him to report at their headquarters.
Dokpesi said he was asked if he had met with some members of the Niger Delta Renaissance Network “and I admitted that I had met with five of their representatives in my capacity as Chairman of DAAR Communications when they sought financial assistance from me after they attended a television programme hosted by my network.
I gave them the sum of N500, 000”.
When asked if he had recently travelled to South Africa, he said he told them he had last been there in March 2009 in connection with the Under 17 Football Tournament held in Nigeria in 2009.
“I was asked about Henry Okah whom I do not know and whom I have never met and with whom I have no connections whatsoever,” he said.
“At about 11.30 pm I was confronted by a gentleman who happened to be one of those I had seen in connection with the Renaissance Network Group.
He was said to be the owner of the phone which contained the message that had been shown to me earlier.
“I admitted that I had met with this gentleman in connection with the IBB campaigns for the 2011 presidential election. I had never known him to be a terrorist and did not engage his services for such a purpose and never paid any monies to him for such a purpose.”
Dopkesi said the SSS had portrayed him as a terrorist or a patron of terrorists and this has caused him, his 10 children and wife great embarrassment being a well known “decent, responsible, patriotic and respectable man.”
No date has been fixed for hearing of the case whose Affidavit of Urgency was attached to the Motion on Notice.
Meanwhile, Bayelsa State IBB 2011 Campaign Coordinator Alaowei Okpukeme yesterday said that he did not exchange any text messages with the Director General of IBB 2011 Campaign Organisation Chief Raymond Dopkesi over the N4m he collected from him.
Okpukeme, who was a former chairman of Gbarain Ekebetiama Local Government Area of Bayelsa State, said the money was meant to acquire the state secretariat of the campaign organization which is now located at 30 Imgbi Road, Yenagoa.
He however added that he was neither arrested nor interrogated by the State Security Services (SSS).