The Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) says its members spend N37b on purchase of diesel yearly.
Giving the breakdown of energy costs incurred by its members the Chairman, Infrastructure Committee of MAN, Mr. Reginald Odia, said
- Its members spends approximately 8.68 million litres of diesel weekly on running generators
- N955 million on maintenance costs monthly
- N3.124 billion monthly on fuel costs
- Adding up to N37.488 billion yearly on fuel costs., N11.650 billion yearly on generator maintenance and
- A total figure of N49.038 billion for both maintenance of generators and purchase of diesel
Mr. Reginald Odia spoke at a one-day stakeholders’ forum on “Power Supply to the Industrial sector” recently, in Abuja.
The event organised by the Federal Ministry of Commerce and Industry, in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Power and Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).