International football governing body, FIFA last night gave the go ahead for the tomorrow’s African Cup of Nations qualifier against the Syli National of Guinea in Conakry following the provisional lifting of the suspension of the Nigeria Football Federation.
The Eagle are expected to leave Abuja today aboard a chartered flight to honour the fixture.
NFF Acting Secretary General, Amodu Musa, told reporters yesterday that the clearance of Nigeria by FIFA was facilitated by the positive signals that followed the latest effort made in solving the crisis rocking the Nigerian federation.
In a fax message signed by FIFA’s Deputy Secretary General, Markus Kattner, and addressed to NFF President, Aminu Maigari, FIFA said that it was pleased that the President of the National Association of Nigerian Footballers, Harrison Jalla, had agreed to settle out of court, while Musa had been reinstated as the acting secretary of the NFF.FIFA also said the Nigerian football league had been left in the purview of the NFF.
FIFA, however, warned that the provisional suspension would only be granted till October 26, a day after the court would hear the NANF suit for it to be vacated, stressing that the suspension would be immediately confirmed should the court imbroglio subsists there after.