Voting for CSO representatives to the UN-REDD Programme Policy Board has now begun
Click here for more information or see below.
Civil society organizations are encouraged to participate in the election of four CSO observers to the UN-REDD Programme Policy Board.
There will be four observers chosen: one from Africa, Latin American and Caribbean, Asia and the Pacific, and the developed world. You can now review the candidates and download the ballot to cast your vote.
Ballots must be e-mailed to email@example.com before 5:00 EST pm on Sept. 28, 2009.
– Only civil society organizations are permitted to vote.
– Each CSO can cast one vote for one preferred candidate for each of the four regional observer positions.
– An organization with offices in multiple countries is treated as a single entity, eligible for one vote per region. If more than one ballot is received from your organization, you will be asked to re-submit a single ballot.
– Eligible candidates may vote for themselves.
– Ballots must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5:00 EST pm on Sept. 28, 2009.
Election results will be announced on October 1. The selected observers will attend the 3rd meeting of UN-REDD Policy Board in Washington D.C., on 29-30 October 2009. For more information on the CSO observer self-selection process, click here.
The Rights and Resources Initiative has been invited by the UN-REDD Programme to assist with facilitating this election.
Associate, Policy Analysis
Rights & Resources Initiative
1238 Wisconsin Ave. NW, Suite 204
Washington, D.C. 20007
t. 202 470 3899 | f. 202 944 3315